Eat Pray Love

I went with a few girlfriends to see the movie "Eat Pray Love". I had read the book by Elizabeth Gilbert several years ago and enjoyed it. The movie is not a romantic comedy and not a thriller. It is a bit slow at times, but I enjoyed it. It reminds us how important it is to love ourselves and choose people in our lives who compliment us, not consume us. It also reminds us when we feel out of balance to work to get that back by asking ourselves what we really want, and then to go pursue that.

I saw an interview with Elizabeth Gilbert, the author, she talked about people telling her of their attempts to re-create her journey in order to find themselves. Her response to them was- "The point isn't that you do what I did, the point is that this book will encourage you to ask yourself these same questions that I asked myself: what am i here for? what do I want to do with my one wild and wonderful life? If you could do anything, what would you do?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID Vaccines have arrived!

Henderson sisters dinner

Turn off the news and build a garden