2017 flew by!


Has it really been over a year since I blogged? 2017 brought precious time with family and friends full of laughs, a few tears and of course change. Change seems to be the only constant in the world these days.

I took a position in March of 2016 with a company that has a very important and noble mission to help and support patients through their last year of life. I had the privilege of working alongside some of the best palliative physicians, practitioners and support staff in the nation. It was a whirlwind year and along with my fabulous professional development team we on-boarded over 300 new employees, installed, activated and trained a new phone and documentation system, instituted monthly lunch and learns, and set up and offered continuing education for all employees. I have worked in very supportive high growth companies before and instituted these and additional programs, but this one brought with it some complicated challenges in culture. After a year I paused and evaluated the 14 hour workdays, weekend work and my stress level. One of my good friends reminded me of some great advice we hear every time we fly.



What great advice!

I took that advice and started networking in March of 2017. I am grateful to say that I landed a position (in April) with a great company on a team where I feel appreciated and supported every day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID Vaccines have arrived!

Henderson sisters dinner

Turn off the news and build a garden