2012 - an election year

Lee Greenwood said it well with his song-
I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.


I am proud to be an American. I celebrate the right to freedom of speech. I also celebrate the right I have to listen, or not listen to people practice their freedom of speech. I personally find it offensive when people participate in name-calling and trashing the leaders of our nation. I think people can disagree without stooping to hateful statements. I didn't agree with it when the Republicans were in office, and I don't agree with it now. I think if we want our children to respect their parents, teachers and public officials we have to show them how to disagree with respect for the positions these people hold.

I plan to research, watch the debates and make my own personal voting decision for the upcoming election. My dream and prayer, is that whoever is in office will be supported by the majority and that both parties will work together for the best interest of our country.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID Vaccines have arrived!

Henderson sisters dinner

Turn off the news and build a garden