Stories I Only Tell My Friends

I love listening to books on audio as I travel around Tennessee with my job. I just finished listening to "Stories I only tell my friends" by Rob Lowe. Since Rob reads the book himself, it was sort of like driving around in my car with Rob as he told me his life story.

Since we are close to the same age, I feel like I watched Rob grow up on TV and the big screen. Hearing his recount and description of meeting and working with all those young actors (Cruise, Swayze, Dillon, Macchio, Howell and Estevez) and Francis Ford Coppola, on the Outsiders when he was only 17 was incredible. What an amazing experience for a first film!

I had also forgotten that he was in a couple of the after school specials. One of those was with Jennifer Grant, and he talks about meeting her dad Cary and not realizing who he really was until later. Of course he covers all those other roles that we know so well - Billy Hixx, Danny, NickSam Seaborn, etc..




There were some times in Rob's life when he made some not-so-great decisions and he takes full responsibility for those and talks about how he learned from each one. It was also touching to hear his voice change when he talks about how much he loves his wife an sons, and how they have enhanced his life and affected his career decisions.

If you are a child of the 80s and are looking for a book - I highly recommend this one! I gotta tell you, I learned there's a whole lot more to Rob than his gorgeous blue eyes and that million dollar smile that we have all come to love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID Vaccines have arrived!

Henderson sisters dinner

Turn off the news and build a garden