4 years cancer free!

On Sunday, June 10th - I became a 4 year cancer survivor. I know there are several ways to calculate your survivor anniversary. Some people count it from the day you hear those horrible words "you have cancer", others from the day they found the lump, or had a scan. Those few weeks before my initial surgery were hazy fear filled days. If I tried I could probably go back and pinpoint the exact date, but instead I count mine from my surgery date, June 10th, 2008. That was the day that Dr. Whitworth was able to remove all the cancer from my body. I am so thankful to all my doctors and their medical teams. They have done a fabulous job of taking care of me, recommending the best treatments for my specific type of cancer (triple negative), counseling me on genetic testing and helping put me back together after the chemo was complete. Yes I have plenty of scars and those serve as a daily reminder of the big C, but I am also reminded that these scars have made me who I am today.
I will be forever grateful to everyone who has helped me, and continues to help me along my journey, but especially those who were by my side during that first very hard year.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID Vaccines have arrived!

Henderson sisters dinner

Turn off the news and build a garden