Surgical Oncologist visit

I had an appointment at Dr. Whitworth's office for my every 6 month check and it went really well. I continue to have some random phantom pain, which is just that a pain. It makes me feel like I am a bit crazy to have pain in the exact place that my tumor was, but it is always reassuring to hear that I am not the only patient that experiences this. You always hear of amputees having phantom pain, but until all this I was unaware it happens to mastectomy patients as well. It is also very reassuring when they check me out and tell me everything checks out fine. I was reminded again of all the things to watch for and report right away - dimpling, rashes, scaly skin, lumps, etc... Intellectually I know since I had a bilateral mastectomy I've pretty much got skin on implants, so if there is something there I should be able to feel it. I just have to keep reminding myself of this, when those little pains hit.

Also, since I continue to do well. I may get to move to yearly appointments after my next office visit with Dr. Whitworth!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID Vaccines have arrived!

Henderson sisters dinner

Turn off the news and build a garden