- Remember each day is a gift, I plan to continue to make more memories with my family and friends every chance I get. I love social networking, but even more I love spending time face to face so I can see faces as we laugh, cry, hug and enjoy our time together.
- Continue to explore new places - visit, shop and eat like the locals. My new job will require some travel, and I plan to make each trip an adventure.
- Routine exercise, cardio and strength training 5 days a week - doctor's orders. My last bone density showed some improvement, so I need to keep going!
- Eat Vegetarian 2 days a week - this will take some planning, but I already have some great soup recipes I am excited about trying during the cold season.
- When dining out - choose locally owned, over chain restaurants.
- Cook from scratch - I used to bake bread, make my own dressings, marinades, etc... and then I let my life get too busy. I need to return to the days of homemade.
- Read at least one book each month, some non-fiction and some fiction. I'm a firm believer that life needs a break from reality from time to time.
- Create - cards, jewelry, yard art, home decor, etc... I love making gifts for my friends and family.
- Bring back the Great International City Swap this year. Let me know if you want to participate. I'm thinking late Spring, but I'll post more on this when I decide the date.
- Write a novel during NaNoWriMo in November. If you haven't heard of this event, you can read all about it on the link. Basically you write a novel in 30 days by following the guidelines they set. It isn't something that will probably ever be read, but it sounds like a challenge I am finally ready to attempt.
Sunday, January 13, 2013
I have heard that you should never make a resolution, unless you have three good reasons to back it up. I won't go into great detail on each of these, but I have definite reasons for each choice.