The Daughter


She has several names Jennifer, Jenni, Jen and whatever you call her - she will always be my baby girl. She saved me from being outnumbered by guys at home and has brought a lot of joy to all our lives. As I said in her birthday message, she has always been our little princess.
Jenni is a quiet observer, she loves to learn, but isn't crazy about being taught.
She plays guitar, journals, draws, paints and photographs and is fabulous at each of those things. When Jenni was little she was very content to play quietly in her room, all the while singing to herself and making up stories. Of course she was also side-kick to whatever Josh was playing as well - so if he was Leonardo, she was Donatello, if he was Batman she was Robin. Her favorite was when he played Peter Pan, so she could be Wendy.

Jenni loves to travel with her friends and her trusty camera by her side. One of her favorite trips was when Lisa took her to Italy for her 16th birthday. She took some amazing photographs there. I have some of them hanging in my living room. She hopes to return to Europe next year and stay several weeks. I am so proud of her determination and sense of adventure.

Josh and Bryan got their turn at being Jenni's roadies and sound guys when she played in bands from ages 14-18. She fronted the bands "Clabbergirl", "Vista" and "In Medias Res" and played several Nashville venues, and lots of parties. As of right now she is retired from playing, but maybe someday she will pick up that guitar again and play a show...I'll keep you posted on that one. For now, she just enjoys going to concerts, discovering new music and listening to the old classics. She's a big George Harrison fan.

Jenni turned 20 this year and she is datig a really nice guy named Jeff Marc. He spoils her and takes her shopping -which she loves. She's like a caterpillar when it comes to shoes, and her clothes addiction is just as strong.

Jenni has been one of my rocks during my journey with cancer. She was with me when I had the ultrasound and was referred to the surgeon and has been there every step of the way since. I couldn't have made it without her. She even moved back home to help out during my treatments.

I can't hear the song "Tiny Dancer" without thinking of Jenni. On her 16th birthday, the band "OX" played the song for her and that is what she is - all 4 feet 11 3/4 inches of her - our little Tiny Dancer.

I love being your mom Jenni!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID Vaccines have arrived!

Henderson sisters dinner

Turn off the news and build a garden