Komen Race for the Cure - A GREAT DAY!

What a great day Saturday was! I would estimate there were 20,000 people that all showed up to support the fight against breast cancer. I was completely overwhelmed by all the love and support I received on my team "Fight like a girl", and we were just one of hundreds of teams. Our team alone raised over 4,000 dollars - as I've said before... that just gets us one step closer to a cure.





I personally was concerned about walking the 3.1 miles just 4 months after my surgery, and one week after my last chemo, but I made it without any problem. I was so energized by all the support around me. Of course I rested all evening Saturday and all day on Sunday, but I wouldn't have missed it for anything. I wish I could have walked and talked with each and every one of you on the team, but there were so many of us. It was too hard to keep everyone together.

Thank you all for everything you have done to make my journey easier. I love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID Vaccines have arrived!

Henderson sisters dinner

Turn off the news and build a garden