Earth Week

Earth day...earth week, shouldn't we celebrate our beautiful earth every day? We were given this amazing planet with beautiful mountains, valleys, streams and oceans and we often take that for granted. I'm trying to do my part. We started recycling last year and I've been trying to compost what I can. I am thinking of investing in a rain barrel and compost bin to make this all more efficient. I've been watching lots of DIY tv and I love the idea of edible landscapes. The idea behind this is - replacing all or part of your lawn with edible plants and vegetables. I already have lots of rosemary, thyme and oregano.

Josh has agreed to build me a raised bed garden, but I have to wait my turn. He has lots of paying projects at present - which isn't a bad thing, it just means I have to add my name to his list. I hope to get this in soon, so I can plant some of my own veggies.

The 11th hour video really makes you stop and think, and really...who doesn't love Leonardo? I have decided to take the gorgeously green pledge, which includes supporting my local farmers market for my vegetables this year. It is amazing how much better these vegetables taste in comparison to the grocery store offerings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID Vaccines have arrived!

Henderson sisters dinner

Turn off the news and build a garden