The big C

I think one of the reasons that breast cancer gets lots of attention is because breasts are something that people notice. You never hear - wow she's got a great looking colon, or look how big her kidneys are? Breasts are another matter. I ran across this photo and it is pretty powerful. I hope it won't offend.

The first time you see yourself without breasts, it certainly takes your breath away. The only photos I had done after my mastectomy were the ones the doctors took. I think this is a very brave woman to show the world in living color what breast cancer takes from you.

We hear about cancer research and statistics on TV every day, but I think it's important to put faces to the cancer battle. When you can look into the eyes of someone in the trenches of their battle, or a survivor it makes it much more real.
Here's a link to the Colondar that raises money and awareness for Colon Cancer - http://www.colonclub.com/2011models.html

Once again, it breaks my heart every time I hear of another cancer diagnosis. In the past month I have had far too many emails from someone who has a friend or family member who has been diagnosed recently with cancer. There is too much cancer in this world and I think it's important to support research to help find ways to battle cancer. I also think we have to focus on prevention and living a healthy lifestyle. I can't help but believe that our environment/diet/lifestyle is also playing a big role in many cancers.

Please remember to see your doctor and report any changes in your bowel or bladder habits, moles, breast or other tissues. Women, listen to your intuition - if something doesn't seem right - have it checked out!

Comments

Wendy said…
Thanks Laura!!! Seems like it's been a lot of friends recently for me too.
Love ya
Wendy

Popular posts from this blog

COVID Vaccines have arrived!

Henderson sisters dinner

Turn off the news and build a garden