Farewell to Onlife Health...hello new adventures

For almost 9 years I have called Onlife (formerly Gordian) my work home. When I started there it was a very small company. There were 5 Health Coaches when I joined their ranks - 3 full time and 2 part time. I was part timer #3. The company's basic mission when I joined, and to this day, was/is promotion of Health and Wellness. I had previously worked in the disease management space and while I enjoyed that, I was always interested in prevention and this is what attracted me to Onlife. Through the years I wore several hats - Health Coach, Clinical Trainer and Clinical Development Manager. 


One of the best things about Onlife is the people that work there. I made some lasting friendships while I was there and I cannot imagine not having those people in my life. Many of them were my biggest supporters while I was going through breast cancer surgery and therapy. It's comforting to know we will always be in each other's lives.  My last few days at Onlife were very special. I had lunch with friends, a potluck with the coaching center and a party or two after work. My friend Amy even made me a "break-up" cd to listen to at my desk on my last day. It was fabulous and made me smile when I felt like crying. 


As for my new adventure...I was alerted to a job at Shared Health in Chattanooga. They were looking for a Nashville based trainer to train their electronic health record software and other e-tools for health care to clinics and medical facilities in Middle and West TN. I was not really looking for a new job, but it sounded very intriguing so I checked the posting out. I decided to apply and ended up driving to Chattanooga for an interview. After hearing about the company and how they are positioning themselves in the industry I was very interested. Electronic medical records, health records, electronic prescriptions and tracking looks like where healthcare is heading. Of course taking this position meant stepping out of my comfort zone and learning brand new things, and that was a little scary. After much thought, prayer and discussion I felt it was a good career move. To sum things up, I was offered and accepted the job!

Please say a prayer and send good thoughts that this transition will be easy for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID Vaccines have arrived!

Henderson sisters dinner

Turn off the news and build a garden