Dr. Whitworth visit

It was that time again, time to visit Dr. Whitworth's office for my 6 month check up. It's been almost 5 years since I  heard him say the words you have breast cancer. In some ways that seems like yesterday, and in others it seems like it has truly been 5 years. I got really good news on this visit. My exam was normal and I am moving to yearly check ups. They reminded me of the things to look for, abnormal bruising, dimpling and lumps.

With each year that has passed year I have become a little more comfortable with my new normal. I will always have artificial breasts and numbness, but that is something I have learned to live with. I still have no answers as to why I found my cancer early and others found theirs later. Some say luck, some say fate. All I know is I vow to support others in their journey and to do what I can to stay healthy, embrace each day and never take anything (or anyone) for granted.

A big thank you to everyone who has prayed for me, or supported me the past 5 years!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID Vaccines have arrived!

Henderson sisters dinner

Turn off the news and build a garden