Engagement celebration dinner

We had a middle TN family dinner at Hickory Falls to celebrate Lisa and Chadd's engagement and to brainstorm a bit on wedding details. There are so many details to plan. Linda, Joyce, Elizabeth and I all reminisced about how many weddings Ouida and Reba did through the years. Growing up in a small town, the ladies group our Mom's were a part of facilitated all the faculty kid receptions. I don't ever remember anyone having a caterer. Until we were about 10 we were assigned to pick up cups and plates, as we aged we occasionally got to serve punch. I don't think I was ever promoted to cake detail, that was usually handled by a couple of the moms.

I do have a pretty fabulous group of friends, and I may plead for them to help us pull off this Nashville reception. Of course first, we have to find a venue. That is proving to be a big challenge. Many places have been booked for over a year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID Vaccines have arrived!

Henderson sisters dinner

Turn off the news and build a garden