I look forward to the day when there will be a cure...

One of my co-workers came to me this week and said that a good friend of hers was just diagnosed with breast cancer. Her friend had a baby a month ago and was having her bilateral mastectomy on Friday. It's so hard to hear these things, my heart breaks for this woman. I stopped and said several prayers for her throughout the day.

It was a hard decision to choose to have both my breasts removed, but it is one I do not regret and I hope she will feel the same way once she is healed. It takes away most of the worry of breast recurrence. Once they do a bilateral mastectomy you only have about 3% tissue left, mostly it's just skin on muscle and your implants are under the muscle. My doctor does an exam every 3 months and I try to keep a close eye on myself as well.

I gave my co-worker friend several ideas on things she can do to be supportive to her friend. Of course, she will have even bigger needs since she is a new mommy who will be going through chemo. It sounds like they already have a big support network in place for assistance and prayers.

If you are reading this, stop and say a special prayer for Genny today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID Vaccines have arrived!

Henderson sisters dinner

Turn off the news and build a garden