Ablation

My chemotherapy treatments sent me into menopause and took away my monthly cycle for over a year. I was hoping that was the end of that and I wouldn't have to worry about it ever again, and then...it returned with a vengance! I've been battling feeling pretty awful for several days each month for over a year now. My doctor has been working with me and trying to see what could be done (meds, etc..) to make it a little more bearable until menopause completes again. Last Friday I took yet another step and  chose to have an endometrial ablation. For most women, this stops the monthly cycle. I am hoping and praying I will be one of most women!
Linda took me, and the whole procedure took about 15 minutes, and only 2 minutes of it was uncomfortable. I had plenty of meds on board, and a very nice nurse to take care of me. Linda brought me home afterwards and put me to bed and I stayed there for about 24 hours. So far the side effects haven't been bad, just a little cramping.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID Vaccines have arrived!

Henderson sisters dinner

Turn off the news and build a garden