What would you do?

My friend Amy, was sitting in a room, waiting on her turn for radiation treatment. Amy advanced cancer and is a wonderful example to all of us to live each day to the fullest. While she was patiently wating, she  put this post on her facebook wall: "What would you do if today was your last day?"

At last count she had 17 replies, and guess what? Not one of them mentioned work! Every person talked about being with people they loved, enjoying God's creations and expressing thanks for all their blessings. Also campfires and smores came up several times. This made me smile, because I do love campfires...and smores!

Just to be clear, I am not trying to say that work is not important. Unless you are independently wealthy, work is a big part of our lives. Let me say that again - work is a part of our lives, it should not be our whole life and we should never put it before those we love. At the present moment I have a job that allows me to travel the state of Tennessee, and this has been a blessing for me because I have people I love all over Tennessee. This job has allowed me to do my job during business hours, and spend time with friends and family in the evening. I am thankful to have a job that allows me to balance life and work, and I pray that it continues.

If you are reading this, please stop and say a prayer for my friends Amy and Amber tonight. After your prayer, ponder this question - If today was my last day, how would I spend it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID Vaccines have arrived!

Henderson sisters dinner

Turn off the news and build a garden