Happy Father's Day


I grew up with an amazing father. He always made sure we had everything we needed, and most of what we wanted as well. He instilled in us the love of exploring, learning and trying new things. He made sure we grew up in a loving, safe environment and taught us to love God and others. He is the kindest most even tempered person I know, and that is a good thing - living in a house full of dramatic women. My earliest memories are of him reading us Grimm's Fairy Tales at bedtime when I was about 2.

I was thinking of funny Dad stories, and this was the first to come to mind:

When I was about 16, I came home from school with a car full of friends and my Mom was hosing off the trunk of the car. About the time I pulled into the driveway, she opened the trunk and my Dad climbed out holding a flashlight. He was evidently looking for the leak. As you can imagine..my friends had fun with that one!

I am proud to be your daughter Daddy and I love you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID Vaccines have arrived!

Henderson sisters dinner

Turn off the news and build a garden