Artisan Fair

Saturday was a beautiful, brisk fall day. It was too pretty to stay in, so my friend Sandy and I decided to visit to a couple of art fairs. One was in Edgehill Village, a cute area with lots of artsy shops and decadent desserts and coffees. Colleen Whitver, one of my kids favorite teachers, had a booth at this fair. Colleen has a business called Invintage. Her art is taking vintage and antique jewelry; and then restoring and reinventing them into wearable works of art. I found some adorable WWII era jade earrings that Jenni will absolutely love. She will be even more excited because they were handcrafted by Colleen.

Next stop was the University School of Nashville. They have a yearly exhibit called Artecletic, with lots of art vendors set up in their gym. A portion of the proceeds go to the school. Sandy's friend John, who does beautiful pottery work, was there. I have one of his bud vases and it was great to finally meet the artist himself.
http://www.johnsellberg.com/ I wish I had his talent!

Later in the day, I kept Emri so Chassi could work on cleaning out her garage. A two year old is not much help in matters of cleaning. We had fun playing, although she really prefers being with her "Bop" over me. That evening Bryan and I took Emri and met Chassi, Anna and Morgan at Mellow Mushroom for dinner. Josh was away for the weekend hiking the Appalachian trail.

All in all - a great Saturday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID Vaccines have arrived!

Henderson sisters dinner

Turn off the news and build a garden