Weekend getaway to combat insufficient funs...

I read a very good article a few months ago about being cautious not to let fun slip out of your life. Scheduling time with those you love, those who make you to laugh and have fun may be the last thing you are thinking about in this high paced, stress filled world, when actually these are the things that should be at the top of our to-do lists.


This past weekend I went with a group of girlfriends to Atlanta for a quick overnight trip. When we all began working together we were in the same department, but years later we are scattered throughout the building. These women are the ones who supported me every day while I was battling cancer and trying to keep it together in the workplace. When we realized we all had a free weekend we jumped at the chance for a quick get away.



So, Friday at noon we all turned on our "out of office", loaded up two cars and left on our Hotlanta vacation. We checked in at the Artmore Hotel, an awesome boutique hotel, and walked down to Atlantic Station for dinner at a great steak and sushi place.  After dinner we walked back to the hotel and sat in the courtyard by the fire pit and talked for hours. Saturday morning we enjoyed Ikea, H&M and all the other great Atlantic Station shops. We finished up our trip with a great lunch at Rosa Mexicano and made it home before dinner time.

Great trip - awesome girlfriends!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I read an article yesterday on physorg.com (which, of course, I can't find today!) which cited a study wherein people who spent money on experiences rather than objects were happier with their purchases in the long run.

I'm glad you got out and had such a great time!!

I think the best vacation I've had to date was one I went on all by myself. I was in college and horribly broke, but there was a convention in New Orleans and it was going to be filled with people I adored hanging out with... I remember most of the weekend (I also remember being introduced to a drink called the Hand Grenade...) and what I remember was so much fun. Totally worth every penny!

http://a-redhead-named-sam.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

COVID Vaccines have arrived!

Henderson sisters dinner

Turn off the news and build a garden