Raising money for cancer research

I feel a bit guilty when people ask if I want them to donate to my Komen for the Cure team. I know the importance of getting those research dollars and I appreciate everyone who donates. The reason I feel a bit guilty is because there are other cancer's that don't get as much recognition and I have friends who have some of those other types of cancer.

If you want to donate to breast cancer research - do me a favor - give my team half of the amount you were planning to give and the give the remainder of your donation to Melanoma, Colon Cancer or another less popular cancer.

Bryan and I recently joined "Team Willett" for the Miles for Melanoma walk. This was the first annual walk and they had a good turnout, but it was small compared to Komen. We plan on making this an annual event and would love for you to join us. Amy Willett is a fabulous wife, mother and friend who is battling melanoma and I am sure she would be honored to have you donate in her honor.

Amber, my best friend is in remission from colon cancer. I don't even know if there is a colon cancer walk in Nashville, but I need to find out. I want to walk and raise funds for her too!

Let's support and pray for these researchers who are working hard on finding cures for these cancers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID Vaccines have arrived!

Henderson sisters dinner

Turn off the news and build a garden