Dr. Whitworth visit

I just returned from my surgical follow up with Dr. Whitworth. I had gotten bits and pieces of my results from other doctors, but he went through the full report. The R side tumor was 1.3 cm and margins were clear, and my lymph nodes were negative. Left side, completely clear. He was very pleased with the results and agrees with Dr. Peacock about my chemo treatment plan.

Technical final diagnosis: Breast, Right, 11:00, extreme outer ring, Adenocarcinoma, poorly differentiated, high combined histologic grade, with apocrine features, associated lymphoid tissue. Estrogen receptor negative, progesterone receptor negative, no amplifications of HER-2 by FISH.
Size of invasive component: 1.3x 0.9x 0.7 cm. Histologic Type: Invasive ductal carcinoma

I try not to give too many gory details, but so many of my family/friends are in the medical profession they want to know. So feel free to skip over anything you'd rather not know.

I have fantastic doctors and they and their teams have done an amazing job at taking care of me. Some of you have asked who I am seeing so here's the line-up:
Dr. Pat Whitworth, Surgeon Nashville Breast Center
Dr. Nancy Peacock, Oncologist, Tennessee Oncology
Dr. Lois Wagstrom, Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Clark Ray, Internal Med, Heritage Medical Associates

Comments

KKC said…
Laura,

I'm thinking of you more often than not. You are in my prayers- so glad to know you are doing well. You told me a long time ago to "just put on a little lipstick" and I never forgot it. Miss you bunches.

Smooches!!!
KKC
aleonard said…
Laura,
We are so pleased to hear about your results. We want you to know that we are thinking of you everyday. Our amazing God has answered so many prayers for you and we praise Him! We know the road ahead is not easy, but God will take care of you. We would love to see you sometime soon. Thank you for creating this blog so we can keep up with what is going on. Tell your family that all of you are in our prayers. We love you!

Andy, Andrea & Bradley
JoyceK said…
Great news! I am thinking and praying for you. I love your blog - it makes me smile when I think of Reba saying "just put on a little lipstick!"
Love, Joyce

Popular posts from this blog

COVID Vaccines have arrived!

Henderson sisters dinner

Turn off the news and build a garden