Ugh..found a lump

The first week in May I was washing with some new pink body wash and was lathering really good and noticed a small lump on my R upper chest. For some of us girls who consume too much caffeine, these types of lumps/bumps can come and go, but a few days later it was still there so I called my doctor and he got me in for a mammogram and ultrasound the next day. I had a biopsy the next week and confirmation of a small breast cancer followed. They do feel this was caught very early.
After weighing all my options I chose to have a bilateral mastectomy. This was done on June 10th. I just knew I would sleep better at night knowing I didn't have to worry about it recurring in the L side, and I appreciate those that supported me in this decision. I do plan to continue reconstruction as time goes on.
Ten years of my nursing career was spent in Oncology nursing so I knew who to call right away to get the best doctor on the case - this has been such a blessing.
I can't express how much love, support and prayers have been surrounding me during these last few weeks. I've literally heard from people all over the world. I know I will get through this whole ordeal and be a stronger person for it. I love all of you for being there for me,
Laura

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID Vaccines have arrived!

Henderson sisters dinner

Turn off the news and build a garden