Why the title "Just put on a little lipstick?"

I had the most amazing loving Mom in the whole world and she felt "just a little lipstick" could solve most problems we encounter. For example: If you woke up with a huge zit on picture day, got a bad haircut, hadn't slept in a week, had just had your heart broken, etc... she would give you a wonderful hug and say "Just go put on a little lipstick, and no one will notice ____."

Lipstick has pulled me, my sisters and our friends through many events through the years (even though we've made fun of the advice) and I'm sure it will pull me through this one too. So if you are running low, hit the Revlon counter and get yourself a new shade for whatever you are facing today.

Love,
Laura

Comments

This makes me smile. My mom would always say, "Honey, just put a little color on your lips."

Welcome to blog-land. Glad to be able to keep up with you this way, and glad your news on the margins/nodes is good.
Dmama said…
I love that advice! I'll have to remember that! Very simple and guarenteed to make you smile!!

Take care!
Audree said…
I love the title and immediately knew what it referred to! Your mom was so great! I also remember Lisa telling me a story about how while Reba was very ill during the Lewinsky scandal she told Lisa quite seriously that if she ever has an affair with a public official "just take the dress to the dry cleaners!" You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Popular posts from this blog

COVID Vaccines have arrived!

Henderson sisters dinner

Turn off the news and build a garden