Treatment Plan (revised Friday the 20th)

I saw my Oncologist Dr. Peacock yesterday and got my treatment plan. Somehow between me, doctor, nurse I had misunderstood the schedule. Each Friday, beginning July 11th, I will get one chemo drug (Abraxene). Every 4th week I will get two chemo drugs (Cytoxan and Abraxene). My treatment will end on September 26th. This is a new chemo protocol and has been used for metastatic cancer and now they are using it for early stage as well. So far it's proven to have less side effects and the doctors are excited about that - I'm sure I will be too.
I'm wrapping my mind around "every Friday" for 12 weeks, but I can and will do this. Since my cancer had not spread to the lymph nodes there is less chance I would have a recurrence anyway, but the chemo gives us that bit of extra coverage and I'm going for that.
Waiting to start this until July 11th will give me time to heal from the surgery fully before my treatment begins.
I was instructed to begin walking 30 minutes a day, starting in the next week or so. Since I work with over 50 people with exercise science/personal training backgrounds I'm sure I'll have lots of encouragement on that.

Thank you for your continued prayers, love and support!
Laura

Comments

Gavin Gossett said…
We'll just keep praying til you are through it.

You know why? Because we love you! THAT's why!

Smooch!

Gav

Popular posts from this blog

COVID Vaccines have arrived!

Henderson sisters dinner

Turn off the news and build a garden