Friends, Modesty and Life

I have two friends that will be having biopsies in the next few days. I am hoping and praying that their results come back negative. I do not want anyone else to have to experience what I did last year. I was having lunch with one of them and she was talking about her first experience with wearing the paper shirt for the exam. My friend is pretty modest and was talking about how uncomfortable that was for her. I guess I had chosen to forget all about those early days when you are exposed over and over again for tests, biopsies, etc... I grew up with two sisters, so I never was overly modest to begin with. After a year of showing my chest to multiple doctors, nurses and radiology personnel, it doesn't even phase me anymore to take off my shirt or discuss my man-made chest with others. At my appointment last week I even discussed my nipples with the receptionist-- I guess most people would say my modesty is officially gone after that. : )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID Vaccines have arrived!

Henderson sisters dinner

Turn off the news and build a garden