Mammogram recommendations

I've had several people ask my opinion on the newly released recommendations for mammograms. I say IGNORE them! There are so many women who are alive today because of self-exams or mammogram detection of their cancers. The task force that is making this recommendation does not even include an oncologist.

The American Cancer Society, MD Anderson and many others are already voicing their opposition to this recommendation. My advice is keeping doing those self exams, having mammograms and seeing your doctors. It saved my life, and it could save yours too!

Here's the article from CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/11/16/mammography.recommendation.changes/index.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID Vaccines have arrived!

Henderson sisters dinner

Turn off the news and build a garden