Things I learned from my children...

On Mother's Day I reflected on things that I learned from being Josh and Jenni's mom. Here are a few I came up with:
  • some children see Santa and the Tooth Fairy as magical, others see it as deception
  • I will never get used to having any type of reptile (even caged) in my house
  • I do not know what the giraffe says
  • if you open firecrackers and put the powder in a toy and shake it, there will be an explosion
  • the pop tart was invented in 1963
  • when you are yelling at your 5 year old and he looks at you and says "I have no response to that", it's best to just leave the room
  • If you call them "Cinderella chores" it makes them more fun
  • there is no written law that your clothes must match - my kids looked it up
  • it is possible to play frisbee alone, and I have video to prove it
  • it's ok to wear a wedding dress with red cowboy boots to the grocery store
  • never ever feed a hamster silly putty
  • driving your jeep through a car wash while wearing a rain coat won't kill you (just don't leave the photos around for your Mom to see)
  • if your kids are in playing quietly in their rooms with the door closed, go check - they are up to something!
  • you can catch a fungus from your pet duck
  • sugar gliders and hamsters are escape artists
  • when you don't know the answer to a test question and you write "Jesus" - sometimes your teacher will give you credit, because let's face it - Jesus IS the answer

My children are caring, funny and exhausting; I can't imagine life without them. I love you Josh and Jenni!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID Vaccines have arrived!

Henderson sisters dinner

Turn off the news and build a garden