The Death Race

My son did it, he did the Spartan Death Race. The kookiest race I've ever heard of. I was on pins and needles the whole time he was racing and until I heard his voice after he finished. Well, he didn't "officially" finish, but in my book he was definitely a finisher. He stopped at hour 68. That's 68 hours straight of running, swimming, chopping wood and obstacles.

What is the Death Race you ask? Here's my summary, there's no set course, no set finish line, the rules change constantly and it pushes you to every limit you have. When Josh called me afterwards he said "Hey Ma, I heard you were worried about me. I'm ok, my arms are pretty cut up from the barbwire and my feet are trashed, but it was AMAZING!"

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's exhausting to be the mother of Josh Hall, but I wouldn't change it for anything in the world. Josh was born with an over abundance of energy and it was a challenge to for him as a child to sit still for very long at all. If you know Josh, you'll know that is still the case. If Josh is sitting still then he's asleep. Otherwise he is moving in some way.

Here's some links that tell about the Death Race Adventure.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/393728490735624/  - Josh's facebook group for play by play during the race. There's a recap that his friend Echo wrote in the Notes section.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/thedeathrace/permalink/10151747090276979/ - a great article by a finisher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID Vaccines have arrived!

Henderson sisters dinner

Turn off the news and build a garden