Preparing for a much needed vacation

Bryan and I have been busy planning our 25th anniversary trip, only it's about two years late. We will actually celebrate our 27th this year. Two weeks before our 25th I had my bilateral mastectomy and was not in any shape to go out and celebrate. Then last year was all about catching up. So we decided we really needed to do something fun this year. We looked at several different options, but in the end we chose San Francisco. It's one of our favorite places to visit.

We will fly into San Francisco International, rent a car and head down to Carmel and Big Sur for a couple of days before heading back to stay in the city. Carmel, California is probably one of my favorite little cities on earth. The residents are friendly, the food is awesome and the landscape and scenery is beautiful. I love being able to walk down to the beach to watch the sunset and then head to dinner just a block or two away. We plan to hike some in neighboring Big Sur while we are there as well. Then we will head back to the big city by the bay for the rest of our trip.

I've been looking at hotels for our trip and while I always enjoy staying at a Hilton, Omni or Marriott, my favorite hotels by far are the boutique hotels. The rooms are not always as big and they may be a bit older, but they have character and I've always had great service at smaller hotels. I love the Kimpton family of hotels in Chicago, and in San Francisco there is a group called Hotels Joie de Vivre http://www.jdvhotels.com/hotels/sanfrancisco . They even have one with a movie theater in the lobby that shows free double features nightly with a San Francisco backdrop - like Vertigo, which happens to be one of our favorite movies.

It's going to be a great trip!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID Vaccines have arrived!

Henderson sisters dinner

Turn off the news and build a garden