Praying for Peace

Today it was announced to the world that the FBI's most wanted person Osama bin Laden had been located and killed. He admitted to responsibility for the World Trade Center bombings as well as many other horrific acts. Clearly this man needed to be stopped and brought to justice. I heard multiple interviews today with 9/11 widows, parents and survivors - the sadness on their faces showed that even though bin Laden's death will give them some closure, it will not erase their pain, and can never bring their loved one back.
We still have troops in Afghanistan and Iraq, as well as many other dangerous places. This war is not over, and until it is and our troops are safely home I don't feel we can truly declare peace and begin the celebration.
 I am very proud to be living in the United States of America that allows me to live freely. I am very thankful to those who protect and serve our towns, cities and this country. I will continue to pray for peace for our world and wisdom for our world leaders.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID Vaccines have arrived!

Henderson sisters dinner

Turn off the news and build a garden