Chemo #1 is over!

Today was chemo #1 and I'm glad it's over. I got both chemo drugs today and tolerated it well. The clinic room has lazy boy type chairs, tv, snacks and wifi so we didn't have much time to get bored. We stopped at Panera Bread on the way home and got a sandwich, and then I came home and napped for a bit. I got up and was craving ice cream, so I had a delicious bowl of my favorite - chocolate almond!
Dr. Peacock said I may feel more tired by Sunday. She reminded me to pace myself during treatment, but expects it to all go smoothly. My pre-chemo PET scan, CT and labs I had yesterday were all normal. 
Keep those prayers and good thoughts coming - they are definitely helping!

For those medical friends who have asked:
My chemo treatment will be: Abraxene 151mg over 30 minutes weekly and Cytoxan 906mg over 40 minutes on the first day of each cycle, with Aloxi as a pre-med on the Cytoxan days. 
I will be getting 3-week (21 day cycles) for 4 cycles.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID Vaccines have arrived!

Henderson sisters dinner

Turn off the news and build a garden