Day 1 and 2 of wellness pilot


I've made it through day 1 and 2 of the fitness and nutrition pilot at work. Yesterday we did some core exercises with Mitch our trainer. My chest muscles are very sore from the push-ups we did, but I know it will get better. Today I wore my heart rate monitor and did my cardio. The heart rate monitor helps me to know that I am working out in my target range. My BMR (basal metabolic rate) was calculated at 1128, so I am on a 1200 calorie diet. I've started food journaling and realizing that I eat a lot of empty calories. I am trying to pay attention to what and when I eat. So far I've been able to avoid the snickers candy bars, but I am sure at some point I'll have to write that in my journal. I know it is important to eat healthy, but life is too short to completely cut out my very favorite candy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID Vaccines have arrived!

Henderson sisters dinner

Turn off the news and build a garden