Week 3 of exercise/nutrition pilot

I made it through week one and two of "Thrive" and I am doing pretty well so far. I have stayed within my calorie goal 11 out of the 14 days, one of those days being my birthday. The other two times I went over were Saturdays. Weekends are less structured and I seem to have more cravings for sweets. Journaling my food does seem to help. It definitely makes me more aware of what I am eating and forces me to plan ahead.
As for exercise, we are required to do cardio three days a week on our own. I do some of my cardio on my rebounder, and some with brisk walking, always wearing my heart rate monitor to make sure I'm in target range.
Strength training we do at work with our Coach. I have progressed to doing girl push ups on the floor. The first week I had to do my push ups against a bench, because my muscles were too weak. I guess I am proud to have progressed to the floor with the rest of the group. My chest is still fairly numb, but today I could really tell a difference when I did my workout. I think all this strength training is waking up some of those nerve endings near my pectorals, and ouch does that hurt!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID Vaccines have arrived!

Henderson sisters dinner

Turn off the news and build a garden