Grocery Shopping 101

My friend Amy and I went to a grocery shopping seminar on Thursday night. It was very interesting. There is lots of money to be saved by pre-planning meals, making grocery lists, tracking sale cycles, stocking up on staples and using coupons. Some of the ladies that are really committed to this lifestyle save 75% on their groceries by using these techniques.

When my kids were little I read a book called Miserly Moms and it had some of these same ideas. I guess I need to re-read that book, plus check out all the online blogs and sites that offer advice and tips. The main thing it reinforces is to plan ahead and avoid impulse buys. I know I need to heed that advice.

Here's some pretty helpful sites for those living in this area:
www.faithfulprovisions.com
http://cheaphealthygood.blogspot.com
www.moneysavingmom.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID Vaccines have arrived!

Henderson sisters dinner

Turn off the news and build a garden